This is another of my extra credit bowls. It is very simple. I glazed it a deep blue. While it many not have been intended to be one of my better projects, it turns out that I really liked it. I think the color was very pretty. I used simplicity to create a balance in the bowls shape. It expresses a natural, simple mood. Yet the cool colors help create a cold mood.
This is my extra credit bowl. It started off as one of my theme projects, but I didn't like it enough to keep it. I used the design element of pattern to create the purple line design. I actually had a lot more detail, but It didn't quite show up. Overall it is not the worst project I've ever seen. But it is also not the best. The shape is also very off centered. There are a lot of things I would fix about it before I was done throwing it. Overall, it was meant to show a simple bottom that contrasted an intricate pattern.
This is my extra credit vase. It is sand white, which is actually a very beautiful color, with a light blue-dipped rim. I had to use shape to create the vase structure. I also used color to capture the soft look it has. I really liked this glaze. It was hard to tell if it was going to run or not, but it didn't, so I'm happy with the finished product. Overall, It was not a terrible way to end the year.
This is my extra credit bowl. It is glazed black with shadow green. I thought this would create a unique effect. However, it ended up looking just black. I tried to make the shape more square like. I was trying to try out new styles. I enjoyed making it, but I could have tried to change the base. It has a deep green glare when you hold it up to the light.
This is my set of three. I did pinch pots because I wanted to try some hand projects again. It is a hamster, a penguin, and an owl. My favorite was probably the owl. I glazed the hamster and owl brown, and the penguin had ordinary coloring. It was fun to whomp them into shape. I used shape to make them round, and contrast on the penguin with the scarf against the black. Overall, I think they turned out fairly well. The penguin could use some improvements.
This is my third theme project. The unique technique I used was something called "Fading" the glazes. I tried to make them fade towards the bottom for the sky. It actually turned out good. I expected more purple than blue to come from it. But the effect was not bad at all. I used design to create the trees, and blending to create the full effect of fading. Overall, it turned out well. Next time I would try to make all the sides a little more even.
This is my marbled Vase. It follows my them because of it's simple mix of two different clays. Sea mix was what i threw the base with, and then while on the wheel, i gently brushed it with red clay. The effect is something unique (which connects it back to the theme). It uses the art elements of contrast (because of the clay), yet also simplicity. I clear glazed it so that that the full effect was obvious.
This is my first theme project. It is a bowl that is cut out, with a flower placed in the middle. My theme was "Originality". It follows this theme because I tried things that I don't normally do. I used the art elements of space, and shape to create the different looking outside. I also handmade the flower using slipping and scoring. Overall, it created the different effect I was aiming for, However, I think I should have smoothed it out better.
This is my Multi-Wheel Project. In order to make it, I attached a bowl and a cylinder. I was never very good at attaching two projects, so I used coils to give it more support. It stayed together well. I used the art elements of shape to give it the unique shape it has. I also used color and contrast while glazing. I added some dark green to the brown. Overall, it turned out fairly well. However, next time I would improve upon the way I attached the pieces. I would throw them so that the size difference was not very large.